Skip to main content

People pleaser

   I'm a people person. I LOVE to talk and talk and talk... And talk some more. But how come someone who loves to talk would struggle with talking about her Savior? Well, not only am I a people person but I am also a people pleaser. In high school I wanted to get a long with everyone which caused me to keep quiet most times. Well not keep completely quiet... just quiet on speaking up on my faith. I feel that pleasing others is such a struggle for most Christians. We want to so badly be with the crowd and we want to feel a sense of belonging and acceptance but I think that we have forgotten we were meant to be set apart. As Christians our lives should stand out and be different. How would we reach people if our lives looked exactly like theirs? We are called to be lights in this dark world but that doesn't mean it will come easy.

    Because we are living a life set apart from this world, people will try to condemn us and tear us down. The way you live your life may become a joke to some and they may turn it into an insult. Things like that shouldn't stop us, I mean even Jesus was laughed at. "When Jesus arrived at the official's home, he saw the noisy crowd and heard the funeral music. 'Get out!' he told them. 'The girl isn't dead; she's only asleep.' But the crowd laughed at him. After the crowd was put outside, however, Jesus went in and took the girl by the hand, and she stood up!" Matthew 9:23-25. The crowd laughed but he carried on performing miracles. Jesus went through the most persecution yet he still carried on doing God's work. Even when we are laughed at, insulted, etc. we should carry on doing God's work.
   
    Psalm 56:2-4 says, "I am constantly hounded by those who slander me and many are so boldly attacking me. But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?" Why should we let man shut us up? What power or authority does man have over our soul that their opinions should stop us from carrying out God's plan for our life? "Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28. Let's fear God and pray for those who persecute us. Those who tear us down need our prayers just a as much as anyone. Even though they hurt us and attack us we need to extend forgiveness. Remember what Jesus said on the cross? After being betrayed and beaten he hung on that cross and, "Jesus said, Father forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing..."

    As Christians we will face persecution but we should never let that hold us back from spreading the Good News. Those who persecute us are lost and in need God's saving grace so let's begin to pray for them. Let's also start to please God instead of pleasing people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The rest of my life...

Let me ask you a question: If where you are currently at is exactly where God called you to be for the rest of your life, how would you respond? This question was brought up during a venting session I had with two of my closest friends. I have been thinking about it over and over again. How would I respond? I'll be honest, most days my response is frustration. When I have served at what I considered to be the "bottom" I was constantly looking to my next season. I was constantly praying and hoping for God to elevate me out of where I currently was. I wonder how many opportunities to serve Christ I missed out on because I was always looking left or right for what I wanted as opposed to looking straight ahead to what He was doing. Matthew 25:29  "To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away." That brings me to another question:

At The Hands Of A Woman - A Response Post

A Christian girl responding to "I'm A Christian Girl And I'm Not A Feminist, Because God Did Not Intend For Women To Be Equals" "It is OK for me to not want to be equivalent with a man." When I saw this article pop up on my Facebook feed back in March, I laughed. This had to be a gag article, right? Some sort of satire published by the Odyssey. (What makes it even better is when I went to re-read it today to write my response, the ad in the middle of the blog was a video titled 'Why Many Christian Girls Remain Single' by a guy. But that is neither here nor there.)  Now this blog is "old news" since it was published in March and I am responding in May, but in all transparency I had to wait to respond (not that it was my job or duty to respond, but I just had so many thoughts and frustrations). I waited to respond because my frustration was going to speak before my heart could. So, I let time pass and I processed it all.  I ha

God chose you, are you choosing Him?

Hi friends! Your multi-colored hair, coffee drinking, spaz of a friend is back. Life has been an adventure this last year and I find myself back in the town I graduated high school from, living with my parents for the first time in 5 years. I am in a bit of a transitional point in my life, with some time off. So, why not start writing again? As always, I want to be transparent and vulnerable with you. Today's writing is totally prompted by what God has recently been doing in me and I decided to share it with you. You see- I have been chasing a feeling. I have been searching for a way to fill a specific void in my heart. The concept of someone choosing me . Two of my closest friends have heard me sing this song for some time, especially the last few months. I have wanted someone to choose me. I wanted the boy who pursued something with my best friend behind my back, to choose me. I wanted my best friend in that moment, to choose me. I wanted every guy in every failed relat