Skip to main content

The rest of my life...

Let me ask you a question: If where you are currently at is exactly where God called you to be for the rest of your life, how would you respond?

This question was brought up during a venting session I had with two of my closest friends. I have been thinking about it over and over again. How would I respond? I'll be honest, most days my response is frustration. When I have served at what I considered to be the "bottom" I was constantly looking to my next season. I was constantly praying and hoping for God to elevate me out of where I currently was. I wonder how many opportunities to serve Christ I missed out on because I was always looking left or right for what I wanted as opposed to looking straight ahead to what He was doing.

Matthew 25:29 "To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away."

That brings me to another question: Why are you serving where you are at? Are you serving so you can be elevated to the next level or are you serving to elevate Christ?

Matthew 28:19 "'Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'"

We are called to tell everyone about Christ. How we do so is up to God. Maybe God has called you to that part time job to be a living example to your coworkers and maybe that's it. Maybe God has called you to clean restrooms of a church for the rest of your life. Maybe God has called you to an elevated platform, but for now you are running sound on a Sunday. How are you responding to the obedience you are walking in?

If God asked me to forever work at the Cheesecake Factory and run social media on a Sunday and that's it for the rest of my life, I would have to do so wholeheartedly. Because at the end of the day God uses every moment to speak to someone.

1 Corinthians 12:22-26 "In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary. And the parts we regard as less honorable are those we clothe with the greatest care. So we carefully protect those parts that should not be seen, while the more honorable parts do not require this special care. So God has put the body together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad. "

Let's work together as a body. Let's stop looking to someone else's call and comparing it to ours. Let's begin to champion others in where they are at. In every way you serve it is SO important to the kingdom. You may never know how you working at your part time job and honoring Christ through it may have affected someone. You may never see the harvest, but that doesn't mean you don't sew the seeds.

Find opportunities to elevate Christ with where you are at. You don't have to have thousands of followers in order to show Christ's love. Sometimes its the quiet, simple serving that speaks the loudest.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At The Hands Of A Woman - A Response Post

A Christian girl responding to "I'm A Christian Girl And I'm Not A Feminist, Because God Did Not Intend For Women To Be Equals" "It is OK for me to not want to be equivalent with a man." When I saw this article pop up on my Facebook feed back in March, I laughed. This had to be a gag article, right? Some sort of satire published by the Odyssey. (What makes it even better is when I went to re-read it today to write my response, the ad in the middle of the blog was a video titled 'Why Many Christian Girls Remain Single' by a guy. But that is neither here nor there.)  Now this blog is "old news" since it was published in March and I am responding in May, but in all transparency I had to wait to respond (not that it was my job or duty to respond, but I just had so many thoughts and frustrations). I waited to respond because my frustration was going to speak before my heart could. So, I let time pass and I processed it all.  I ha

God chose you, are you choosing Him?

Hi friends! Your multi-colored hair, coffee drinking, spaz of a friend is back. Life has been an adventure this last year and I find myself back in the town I graduated high school from, living with my parents for the first time in 5 years. I am in a bit of a transitional point in my life, with some time off. So, why not start writing again? As always, I want to be transparent and vulnerable with you. Today's writing is totally prompted by what God has recently been doing in me and I decided to share it with you. You see- I have been chasing a feeling. I have been searching for a way to fill a specific void in my heart. The concept of someone choosing me . Two of my closest friends have heard me sing this song for some time, especially the last few months. I have wanted someone to choose me. I wanted the boy who pursued something with my best friend behind my back, to choose me. I wanted my best friend in that moment, to choose me. I wanted every guy in every failed relat