Skip to main content

Jump and a net will appear


  Genesis 12:1-3
"The Lord had said to Abram, "Go from your country, your people and your father's household to the land I will show you. 'I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.'"
  Unpopular opinion: I actually like driving on the freeway. Some of you are now thinking "lol wait until you drive in LA 5 o'clock traffic" jokes on you because I have and it's really not a big deal. So yes, I enjoy driving on the freeway buuuut I HATE when other people drive me. I get like mini anxiety attacks when someone else is driving the car on the freeway. I like being the one in control. I like taking the wheel and knowing where I'm going. It's a control thing. I like being in control. That was a struggle of mine when I moved to LA. I definitely was walking into the unknown when I moved here and I had to learn to let "Jesus take the wheel" *cue Carrie Underwood singing in the background*. God knew where I was going and what was going to happen. It was scary don't get me wrong.. I mean I didn't even have a car or job and I wasn't officially enrolled in school until about a few weeks before I moved. But God took care of me and I had to give up my life and let Him take control because there was no way I could do it on my own. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."
  "I can't just jump into the unknown because I have health issues, financial issues, how would this be possible, I'm scared, that's just not me, etc." Okay, stop with the excuses. Also, James 4:17 "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them." That's pretty self-explanatory, right? No? You need me to elaborate? *sighs*  Okay. You know God is calling you to do something.. But you aren't doing it.. So you are disobeying Him... Make better sense? Good lets move on. 
   Sometimes we don't want to take that leap of faith because we don't see how what we are doing could ever work out. Matthew 19:26 "Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." There is no way you could do this on your own. You don't know what you need to get where you are going but guess who does.. That's right. God. Your Lord and Savior. 
   Don't let fear stop you either. If it is God's plan and purpose for your life He won't let you crash. Matthew 14:30-31 "But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, 'Lord, save me!' Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. 'You of little faith,' he said, 'why did you doubt?'"
  Why are you doubting? Why are you afraid? You hear God calling you, why aren't you going? He's got this. He won't let you crash. Just give up your life to Him and let God take the wheel because He knows where to go and I promise you that if you are the one driving... You'll end up lost.
   Like Natalie from the best show ever, Monk, said "Jump and a net will appear"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The rest of my life...

Let me ask you a question: If where you are currently at is exactly where God called you to be for the rest of your life, how would you respond? This question was brought up during a venting session I had with two of my closest friends. I have been thinking about it over and over again. How would I respond? I'll be honest, most days my response is frustration. When I have served at what I considered to be the "bottom" I was constantly looking to my next season. I was constantly praying and hoping for God to elevate me out of where I currently was. I wonder how many opportunities to serve Christ I missed out on because I was always looking left or right for what I wanted as opposed to looking straight ahead to what He was doing. Matthew 25:29  "To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away." That brings me to another question:

At The Hands Of A Woman - A Response Post

A Christian girl responding to "I'm A Christian Girl And I'm Not A Feminist, Because God Did Not Intend For Women To Be Equals" "It is OK for me to not want to be equivalent with a man." When I saw this article pop up on my Facebook feed back in March, I laughed. This had to be a gag article, right? Some sort of satire published by the Odyssey. (What makes it even better is when I went to re-read it today to write my response, the ad in the middle of the blog was a video titled 'Why Many Christian Girls Remain Single' by a guy. But that is neither here nor there.)  Now this blog is "old news" since it was published in March and I am responding in May, but in all transparency I had to wait to respond (not that it was my job or duty to respond, but I just had so many thoughts and frustrations). I waited to respond because my frustration was going to speak before my heart could. So, I let time pass and I processed it all.  I ha

God chose you, are you choosing Him?

Hi friends! Your multi-colored hair, coffee drinking, spaz of a friend is back. Life has been an adventure this last year and I find myself back in the town I graduated high school from, living with my parents for the first time in 5 years. I am in a bit of a transitional point in my life, with some time off. So, why not start writing again? As always, I want to be transparent and vulnerable with you. Today's writing is totally prompted by what God has recently been doing in me and I decided to share it with you. You see- I have been chasing a feeling. I have been searching for a way to fill a specific void in my heart. The concept of someone choosing me . Two of my closest friends have heard me sing this song for some time, especially the last few months. I have wanted someone to choose me. I wanted the boy who pursued something with my best friend behind my back, to choose me. I wanted my best friend in that moment, to choose me. I wanted every guy in every failed relat