Skip to main content

These bones will sing

  Ezekiel 37:1-6 "The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, 'Son of man, can these bones live?' I said, "Sovereign Lord, you alone know." Then he said to me, 'Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'" 
   If you didn't know, "bones" translates to death. We walk in a situation we've lost hope in and all we see is death and no redemption for us. We think, "God how can I recover?", "Will I ever get better?", or always thinking, "This is how my life will be forever." 
  Philippians 2:9-11 "Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." 
  There has been an authority and tools given to you in which you can speak life, not death over your situation. Do you know how powerful your own thoughts and words are? The moment you start listening to the enemies voice instead of Christ's, is the very moment a door for the enemy to grab hold of, is available. 
  Ezekiel 37:7-10 "So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, 'Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Soverign Lord says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breath into these slain, that they may live.' So I prophesied as he commanded, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet-a vast army."
  I find it so interesting that when Ezekial spoke life, an army arose. Do not believe for a single second that Christ can not redeem and put life back into you. He rose Lazarus from the dead (John 11:1-44), Jesus rose from the dead! John 11:25-26, "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?'" 
  The same breath that was breathed into mankind (Genesis 2:7), is the same breath in you. That same breath is used to speak life into your valley of bones. This breath is used to encourage, motivate, sing praise, and bring life. 
  But how can I sing praise in my hopelessness? 
  Sing because you have this breath, because there is life in you. Praise Him because He is the ultimate redeemer and healer. 
   Stop speaking death into your situation. Understand that you have authority and the tools to bring back this valley of bones. The negative thoughts and the mindset you've been walking in has been holding you captive, it's been killing you. Allow this breath of life to cause the bones to rattle, come together, rise up, and sing praise. 
   Psalm 130:7 "Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The rest of my life...

Let me ask you a question: If where you are currently at is exactly where God called you to be for the rest of your life, how would you respond? This question was brought up during a venting session I had with two of my closest friends. I have been thinking about it over and over again. How would I respond? I'll be honest, most days my response is frustration. When I have served at what I considered to be the "bottom" I was constantly looking to my next season. I was constantly praying and hoping for God to elevate me out of where I currently was. I wonder how many opportunities to serve Christ I missed out on because I was always looking left or right for what I wanted as opposed to looking straight ahead to what He was doing. Matthew 25:29  "To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away." That brings me to another question:

At The Hands Of A Woman - A Response Post

A Christian girl responding to "I'm A Christian Girl And I'm Not A Feminist, Because God Did Not Intend For Women To Be Equals" "It is OK for me to not want to be equivalent with a man." When I saw this article pop up on my Facebook feed back in March, I laughed. This had to be a gag article, right? Some sort of satire published by the Odyssey. (What makes it even better is when I went to re-read it today to write my response, the ad in the middle of the blog was a video titled 'Why Many Christian Girls Remain Single' by a guy. But that is neither here nor there.)  Now this blog is "old news" since it was published in March and I am responding in May, but in all transparency I had to wait to respond (not that it was my job or duty to respond, but I just had so many thoughts and frustrations). I waited to respond because my frustration was going to speak before my heart could. So, I let time pass and I processed it all.  I ha

God chose you, are you choosing Him?

Hi friends! Your multi-colored hair, coffee drinking, spaz of a friend is back. Life has been an adventure this last year and I find myself back in the town I graduated high school from, living with my parents for the first time in 5 years. I am in a bit of a transitional point in my life, with some time off. So, why not start writing again? As always, I want to be transparent and vulnerable with you. Today's writing is totally prompted by what God has recently been doing in me and I decided to share it with you. You see- I have been chasing a feeling. I have been searching for a way to fill a specific void in my heart. The concept of someone choosing me . Two of my closest friends have heard me sing this song for some time, especially the last few months. I have wanted someone to choose me. I wanted the boy who pursued something with my best friend behind my back, to choose me. I wanted my best friend in that moment, to choose me. I wanted every guy in every failed relat